Re: Re: ...still wiring....hot wire locations

From: Kevin \(MAGNUM S/T\) Hoegen (kevinhoegen@email.com)
Date: Fri Sep 28 2001 - 18:21:56 EDT

Can't make it my friend :-( I was hoping to attend as a number of folks
apparently are goin...but the MAG ST is still apart, in fact, I just
finished cleaning the roof mat and treating it with Scotchguard...hopefully
all will be getting installed tomorro.

Have fun though and take lots of pics!!

--
Kevin Hoegen
99 Solar Yellow MAGNUM S/T CC

""Chuck Robbins"" <intense99dak@home.com> wrote in message news:9p2pl3$nd1$1@bent.twistedbits.net... > <snip> > > > > First question: Is it safe to tap into 'any' black wire in the console > area > > for a ground? This would save me the hassle of running more wire some > where > > else. > > > > Careful Kevin. Just because a wire is black doesn't mean it's a ground. If > you don't have a multimeter, play it safe and run a ground wire to a "safe" > location. > > > Last question...2 parts: > > > > (a): What are the advantages of using a power supply (to turn these > > circuits on and off) which requires that the ignition be turned on. I have > > noticed several remarks suggesting I do this as opposed to simply having > the > > ability to turn it on and off without the ignition in the on position. > > > > There's no real advantage to wiring to an ignition source other than you > don't have to worry about the battery draining because you left the lights > on. If you're concious about when you tirn the lights on and/or you have an > indicator bulb for exterior lights, then you'll be all set. > > > (b): where is the closest 'hot' wire(ignition on or off depending on how > > (a) was answered) I can use for my console mounted switch? Is anyone > > familiar with the wires located within the console and will any of these > > do?Again this switch is the one which activates the relay...which in turn > > provides the power to all 4 circuits. > > > > Sorry. Can't help on this one. > > > Note to Chuck: I plan on taking some pics before I put this all together. > > Once the job is complete I should have an accurate list of supplies, > wiring > > diagrams etc. I didn't want to jump the gun until I knew for sure I had > > everything hooked up perfect! > > Cool ... Thanks! I can't wait to see it. Does this mean you won't be at > Lebanon tomorrow? ;-) > > -- > Chuck Robbins > '99 Dakota Sport > www.intense99dak.com > >