Spanked an Avalanche!!

From: Ed Halterman (OLZNUT@webtv.net)
Date: Sat Sep 29 2001 - 22:04:16 EDT

It's been a while since I dusted someone so I thought I was losing my
touch, until this guy pulls up next to me this afternoon with a Calvin
peeing on Dodge decal in the back window. I thought "only if he knew" so
I gave him a quick stab on the gas, letting my Gibson do the talking. He
got the hint real quick, we exchanged smiles, and off we went, the
Powertrax dug in and I took off hard, but he got the jump on me, then up
on the high rpm's, where the OHC loves to work, I just pulled on him,
and had a little over a length on him when he gave up, and at the next
light, he then told me that I have a bigger motor (he was thinking 5.9)
than him and I said "nope, only a 4.7" he then tells me I'm lighter and
I said "well, you think you're much more than 5000lbs??" I told him he
should take that sticker off and put a Ford one up, they're easier to
pick on and not friendly (but funny as hell!!) when they lose.
   Oh well, what a way to top off my busy day!! I knocked out a roll
away tool box, project center/hobby center/garage organizer, sprinkler
repair (getting soaked by 5yo Nephew in the process by said Rain Bird,
good thing it was hot today), truck service, Project Olds trip to body
shop prep (taking non-body parts to my Bro's place to store them), and
an Avalanche all in 1 day!! I'm now enjoying my Lazy Boy to the max!!

Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca
'01 Dak Quad Cab 4x4 SLT+ 4.7L V-8, Auto, Bright Silver Aka the "Silver
Streak"!!!
'66 Olds F-85, 5.4L V-8, HAS 410hp at the crank, Will be Intense Blue
next month!!

See the Silver Streak and Project Olds here!!
www.dodgetruckonline.com/ed.htm