Water leak

From: Jack and Jan Roberts (sharkb8@shaw.ca)
Date: Sun Sep 30 2001 - 02:59:40 EDT

Hello all:

I've just signed onto this mailing list and I have a problem with
water entering into the front passengers floor area. Looking at some
of the archives I see that other people have had similar problems as I
have with reference to A/C pipe, leaking windshields, missing
grommets, cab mounted brake light leaking, missing or sparse caulking,
etc. causing the to leak into the floor compartment.
I have a 1993 Dakota which just started leaving puddles of water in
the passengers side floor well after a rainy period. Has any one ever
encountered this problem or heard of it? I know it's coming through
the door seal near the front, as I can see it leaking in, but I'm not
sure how. If I put a hose on the roof and let it run toward and down
the passengers side door, the water enters the rain gutter and flows
down the front and rear of the door, then over the door seal (weather
stripping) at the front of the door threshold and into the cab. The
little vent holes in the seal well up with water and you can actually
see it roll in to the cab and on to the floor pan. It's driving me
nuts as to how it's able to get through and what to do to stop it.
It's hasn't been a problem for the past eight years. Why now?

Jack Roberts
Sharkb8@shaw.ca