Re: Re: RE: Now intake selection, was: rocker arm ratio and cams

From: Sam Parthemer (rtdkota@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Sep 30 2001 - 13:00:04 EDT

A billet CONE, that's bolted in the middle of the M1. It
turns the flat bottom of the M1-4bbl intake, into a curved
surface to help the intake flow evenly into each cyl.
Pretty basic design, but helps. My low end is less than
the barrel intake, but once I hit 2500 rpm the truck really
opens up... 3000 rpm the 1.7s give it a good kick, and then
a 3400 it rushes forward (M1) all the way to 5200 rpm (my
shift point). With a 2400 rpm stall converter, and a cam
more matched to the intake, the truck will really scream.
You 5 speed guys with 5.9Ls and 4-bbl M1 need to try the
turtle... if you don't like it, and plan on selling your
4-bbl for a 2-bbl, you'll get your money back on the resell
anyway.

Sam '00 RT
14.6 @ 95.5

http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Mt5J8FaDfVCv6/

=====
Sam '00 RT
(14.667@93 mph)

Get Paid to surf the Net!
http://www.alladvantage.com/ref_center.asp?refid=GTS444
Pay Anyone with a Credit Card. Checkout Paypals!
https://secure.paypal.com/refer/pal=srp%40home.com