Re: Re: Re: amber neon

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@home.com)
Date: Sun Sep 30 2001 - 19:47:33 EDT

I started the wires (power & ground) from the switch by the tailgate, ran
them down between the rear bumper and frame (forget exactly where) and
terminated the ground on a frame bolt. I continued the power wire along the
frame using convuleted (sp?) tubing to protect them and secured everything
with zip ties. When I got to underneath the firewall, I "split" the wires.
One leading to the fuse relay box and the other I ran up the firewall and
through the grommet under the brake booster to the indicator light on my
console.

--
Chuck Robbins
'99 Dakota Sport

<snip> > > By the way, I ended up drilling a hole in the floor near the drivers side > door to run the wires. I had to make a makeshift grommet by sealing rubber > to both sides (kinda like a bicycle patch), then simply cut a small slit to > push the wires thru....where the heck did you run your rear wires?? > > -- > Kevin Hoegen > 99 Solar Yellow MAGNUM S/T CC > http://webpages.charter.net/khoegen > Flowmaster 3-chamber Dual outlet > Stillen RP w/Dual Hooker Euro tips > Quick-D TB/K&N Intake > 180 RS T-stat/Taylor wires/Autolite plugs > Centerforce II clutch > SpeedTweaks IAT adjuster...etc....etc > (add your link to my site: http://webpages.charter.net/khoegen/links.html ) > > ""Chuck Robbins"" <intense99dak@home.com> wrote in message > news:9p84l6$cb5$1@bent.twistedbits.net... > > Kevin - Check out www.streetglow.com Their neon is supposed to be some of > > the best (with a lifetime guarantee) and they do offer "true" yellow. At > > least according to their interactive color chart. > > > > Unfortunately Street Glow doesn't offer license plate neons, but > > http://www.liteglow.com/products.html does sell them in yellow. > > > > -- > > Chuck Robbins > > '99 Dakota Sport > > www.intense99dak.com (currently under construction) > > > > > > "Kevin (MAGNUM S/T) Hoegen" <kevinhoegen@email.com> wrote in message > > news:9p5qle$loq$1@bent.twistedbits.net... > > > anyone have amber colored neon lights? I tested mine today and it > appeared > > > white. Is this what I should expect, or should I return it?? The > packaging > > > as well as the unit are marked as being amber. > > > > > > -- > > > Kevin Hoegen > > > 99 Solar Yellow MAGNUM S/T CC > > > http://webpages.charter.net/khoegen > > > > > > > >