Re: Cat questions... (think I found my problem)

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 21:14:11 EDT

I wouldn`t even mess with a stock cat again,Gregg.I`d
get a high-flow type and be done with it.But I think
the warranty is good on one till about 60 or 80K,if
you wanna go that route. Steve P.
--- Gregg Grisham <gg428@hotmail.com> wrote:
> ok ok, I feel silly, I have done a ton of work to
> this truck, headers, cat
> back, intake, throttle body, etc... well I went to
> the track the other day,
> and the best was a 16.2... this seemed bad, no
> better than before the mods!
> I also have been having trouble with exhaust
> gasgets, I have blown out
> three header gasgets, and now two y pipe/collector
> gasgets.
> This made me think, something is wrong, too much
> backpressure?... what IS
> that rattle I have been hearing? could it be the
> cat? I always said "nah it
> wont hapen to me"... I said the same thing about the
> cab pop on a drive
> way, but that one is starting to get on my nerves.
>
> so my questions are, what is the waranty on the cat?
> I have 55,000 on the
> truck in the 3 years I have owned it. if it is still
> under waranty, the
> dealer will replace it with a stock cat, will that
> one last? would it be
> better to go with an aftermarket cat? if so what
> brand, type? prices?
> Help!!! I want to have this fixed for the truckin
> nats!!!
>
> as always thanks for the help, this is why I love
> this group.
>
> oh ya the truck is a 99 cc 5.2 5spd, with mopar
> headers, F&B tb, K&N gen
> II, MBRP cat back, and Centerforce clutch.
>
> thanks again
> Gregg

=====
2001 Dodge Dakota 4X4 Sport RC,Flame Red/4.7L V8/45RFE auto/3.92 limited-slip/16" aluminum wheels/Infinity CD-cassette system.