Tire prob. Need honest answers

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 02 2001 - 01:54:11 EDT

Okay, with the falken tire blowing out on me. I really need your opinion on
this one (Patrick? I know you work at a tire store)

Anyways. The front tire blew out on me, and caused me to spin out, blah
blah blah. I took a couple more pictures of it, (initially falken tire corp
said that the pictures show that the impacts are "sharp and distinct, which
is caused when a tire is still inflated"

http://www.angelfire.com/ks2/Dester223/tireordeal.html

Well, The rims were spray painted by the owner before me and it easily
chips, and where the "sharp and distinct" cuts are, there is no sign of
damage to the painted surface of the rim and it looks to be straight. (I
used to work at a tire store also for a while, and factory rims aren't
really great, especially on mitsubishi eclipses, and most hondas)

Any opinions are welcome.

-Chuong