Re: New toy

From: A. S. (adakota4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 03 2001 - 19:32:07 EDT

Jon,
  Make SURE they put the tensioner on when they replace the timing chain on
your truck. I had my timing chain replaced by a shop at 40,000. I had to
replace it again at around 75,000 or so. I did it myself the second time.
Once I got to it, I found that they had not added the tensioner which is
needed to prevent the chain from wearing out as quick. From what I
understand, the V6's around these years did not get the tensioner from the
factory, but they should have. The tensioner simply bolts on...no
modifications needed. Just trying to help.

--Aaron--
95 DSRC 4x4 V6
www.geocities.com/adakota4x4_95/