Truck shut off while driving?!

From: Stewart Ebrat (Stewart@atlasinc.org)
Date: Thu Oct 04 2001 - 08:37:33 EDT

Hey guys,

I figured I would run this by all of you. While driving the truck just cut
out then after a couple minutes it semi started and then shut off.

Had the trucked towed to my house and I have not had the chance to look at
it completely.

Here is what I checked.

Cap and dist ok!
Juice coming coil from ok! Ouch got shocked.

Maybe fuel pump? But I smell gas.

Can it be the harness? The corrosion on it ? tell me where to look and or
give some ideas.

I will try this weekend to look at her.

1996 Dakota 3.9 MSD 6AL , Jegs coil, Jet Stage 2 FMS 19 lbs, Magencore
wires, F & B tb, Gibson side exhaust. Black magic fan 150,
180 tstat.

This is all I can remember.

Thanks,

Stew