building my 318

From: Geoff (geoff_fahl_1@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Oct 05 2001 - 00:13:06 EDT

Hey,

    I'm building a 318 to replace my 3.9L in a 95 Dak. with the A/T. I'm
looking for a mild rebuild because I have a long drive to work. What would
you guys suggest to increase performance. Right now, I've got an opened up
exhaust from the six but what else should I do? I've been thinking cam,
rockers and a higher stall converter. What have you guys done to your
engines and what worked the best. I'd also like to hear(read) what was
required to switch the 3.9 and 5.2 in these trucks. What kind of computer
should I get for it? I'd like to get one that I can hook up to my laptop
but it may be too expensive. Can I use the 3.9l flex plate, starter, ac
compressor, ps pump, etc? Will the engine mounts work or will I have to get
different ones. I've found one company that sells a swap kit for $500 but I
don't really know if I need all that.

http://www.engine-swaps.com/ is the site of that swap kit

Any info of past experiences you guys can offer are really appreciated.
Geoff