RE: Re: Which Brake Rotors to buy?

From: dametalr (dametalr@pacbell.net)
Date: Fri Oct 05 2001 - 03:38:25 EDT

hi Tony,
finally have my computer worked out. Here is the info that you requested:
Talk to a gentleman named "Vince Bunting Sr." at CH Topping (the best in
stopping) They are located in Long Beach CA. (562)432-0901 He will ship
back and forth. He vented, or cross drilled both my original stock rotors,
which are now on my wife's '00 QC and the replacement Raybestos rotors
(#76645) To the vented rotors I used Bendix pads #MKD746 they fit at least
my '99 and my wife's '00. The rear drums got vented as well and run Spectra
One riveted shoes made by Ferodo #SPR445 These fit my 99 10" rear drums but
you may have the larger 11" units as my wife's '00. I don't have the # for
those. I got the shoes from Vince as I couldn't find anyone who dealt w/
them locally. Everyone thinks that "brakes is brakes" ----not so. I'm not
so sure about the rear shoes, but those Bendix pads and venting made a
MAJOR difference once they were broken in and seated. They actually grip
better as they heat up. Great for stop and go or extended tow braking. I'm
very happy with em.