Re: DaProjectII

From: Doug Myers (dougmyers@starpower.net)
Date: Sat Oct 06 2001 - 23:42:29 EDT

Mikie,

    Hey man... you do know that the FWD 2.2's don't have the provisions to
mount RWD, right? (Been there, done that)... but guess what.... I just
happen to have a RWD 2.2L and matching 5-speed from an '87 Dakota sitting in
my garage floor. You could transfer all the internals to the RWD block, and
make life ALOT easier. Plus you'd have a trans, too since the 2.2L won't
bolt to the v6/v8 trannies. Interested?

Doug Myers
-------------
'99 Dakota RC/SB 5.9L/5-speed/3.92SG
K&N Gen II FIPK, Comp Cams '604 cam, Progear timing chain, MP 2-bbl MPI
intake, MP R/T heads, MP polished aluminum valve covers, ASP crank pulley,
Hughes' roller rockers, MP Headers, 3" Dynomax hi-flow cat, 3" Flowmaster,
Flowkooler water pump, Accel Supercoil, Magnecor KV-85 8.5mm Race Wires,
Melling HV oil pump, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, Mike Leach PCM

""miggitymike"" <miggitymike@fast4x4.net> wrote in message
> uh-oh..... miggity's at it again...
> hopefully this time I'll be able to complete this project!
>
> picture it: Premag shortbox RC, laid out on dubs (bagged & 4linked)
painted
> Civic Si blue. Now here's the cool part: powerplant. A good friend of mine
> built a 11 sec 2.2 shadow, and still has the motor. He owes me $700 for
the
> tranny I sold him.... he may trade me even up... hhhmmm... 13 sec turbo
2.2
> Dak that'll lay frame and tuck 20's?
> DaProjectII begins... as soon as I get some $$. Gonna' part out the
current
> premag, swap over stuff from the current truck to the project truck...
it's
> gonna' be fun =) I'm buildin' this one from the ground up... stay tuned
Dak