rear brakes

From: jdharmon@earthlink.net
Date: Tue Oct 09 2001 - 21:07:31 EDT

Hey everyone. Saw the posts on the rear brake conversion to disc. not
worth it unless you upgrade your front discs also. Then you have to
mess with a larger master cylinder and balance the bias between the
front and the rear. The front 11" rotors are fine, but you would then
have to use no larger than 10" rotors in the rear with two piston
calipers at the largest. After going through the install of the Viper
rotors/calipers on the DACUDA, I would not recommend it for the faint of
heart. Took a long time to get the adapters right and the spindles are
now dedicated only to that set of Viper calipers. The rotors are 13
inch diam, which does improve braking distances. With a stock system
and 4 wheel ABS, you will be able to beat this set up though! We did
run the tests. DACUDA with Stoptech Viper brake upgrade package, 60-0
mph, 127 ft. 2001 Club cab Dakota with 4 wheel ABS, 128 ft. No real
difference.

For the money, get the 4 wheel ABS system. To modify and try to set it
up, it is not worth the trouble for the minimal gain you get.

Jim