Re: New Member

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 10 2001 - 20:47:11 EDT

JP,
        Don't worry about not knowing much about trucks. I was where you are now
when I joined the DML 2 years ago. I went from driving my father's '89
Corolla to owning my own Dakota. All I'd ever done was fill the gas tank
and change spark plugs.

        In those 2 years, I have:
- Changed spark plugs
- Replaced air intake
- Replaced throttle body
- Disassembled the dashboard
- Replaced shocks
- Taken it offroad (scary at first)
- Let Jon Steiger perform "precision" surgery upon it with a blowtorch and
plasma cutter (less scary)
- And more.

Just by reading, I've learned a ton, figured some things out, and been able
to help others with the knowledge I've gained. I've been able to perform
every mod listed on my page (see below) myself or with someone's help (and
I could do it alone the second time). You'll start a lurker, but I'm sure
it'll change. You'll also become broke, the list has a way of draining
peoples' wallets.

We've got a few folks in your neck of the woods, including Jersey. I'm in
Syracuse, NY.

--
-andy
andylevy@yahoo.com