Re: Transmission/Rear Diff fluid -- Type and Capacity

From: Sam Parthemer (rtdkota@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 13:33:37 EDT

V8 Manual transmission (NV3500) doesn't have a recommended
fluid change... you could go a bit more mileage wise (50k
or so). If you REALLY want to change it, use Mopar Manual
Tranmission fluid, as that's all that is listed as
acceptable (to keep the warranty). Otherwise you could go
with a synthetic.

Rear diff... I am running AMSOIL 75-90 synthetic, plus
mopar friction additive for the rear end (for the suregrip
diff.) www.amsoil.com for the nearest Amosoil dealer to
you.

I bought 3 quarts, but a little over 2 quarts is all that's
needed.

Sam

--- Lou <lou.nikki@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> My Dak has just gone over 12K (not bad for a 2000, huh)
> and I need to change
> the transmission/rear diff fluids as recommended in the
> owners manual. A
> fewof questions for the list:
> 1. Should I go synthetic? If so, any particular
> brand recommended? I
> thought I read on an earlier listing that members were
> having problems with
> synthetics.
> 2. How much fluid is normally needed for a complete
> drain/refill?
> Thanks,
> --
> Lou in the UK
> 2000 Dakota Club Cab
> 4.7L Intense Blue 4X2

=====
Sam '00 RT
(14.667@93 mph)

Get Paid to surf the Net!
http://www.alladvantage.com/ref_center.asp?refid=GTS444
Pay Anyone with a Credit Card. Checkout Paypals!
https://secure.paypal.com/refer/pal=srp%40home.com