Re: Never again with a Dakota

From: Wes Weems (wweems@fix.net)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 13:51:26 EDT

I bought my 97 a year or 2 back... from a guy who actually used to abuse it
pretty bad with 52,000 miles on it... and I gotta say... it pinged when I
got it... btu I really havent had too many problems with it. I've seen some
places that seemed to demonstrate poor design... but a little fabrication
and I fixed that myself. (exhaust manifold bolts break)

My friend had a 95 too ,and it was manual and still had problems... as far
as my 97 goes... I've replaced belly pan gasket and clutch (and the clutch
was because the guy before me drove like a moron)

I wouldnt dissagree if somone said dodge has had bad years with the dakotas,
or perhaps from the factory is bad... but I dont think all dakotas have
problems

WEs