Re: dakota complaints...

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 21:41:17 EDT

We're not alone, there have been a few *very* disgruntled people posting on the
DOC forum of late as well. Just as we've seen here, a lot of times the problem
isn't the truck being bad, but the dealer not doing the fix properly.

Several hundred thousand units are churned out every year. Statistically you
are guaranteed to have a few that, well, suck. Sometimes you have to call in
the lemon law, sometimes the dealer can make it right.

Travis' truck is a '95. These are machines with thousands of moving parts.
Things wear out and break with time. And what happened to the (albeit short)
warranty that most used cars are sold under? Chrysler's right, it's out of
their warranty. Why didn't he find any of these leaks before buying the truck?
Some of the other items would have been found by an independent mechanic's
inspection before purchase.

Why is he buying the Chevy, a 100% new design, right away, expecting he'll have
no trouble? Why not just buy a Dakota and keep it till the warranty runs out?