Re: tire size

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 11 2001 - 23:19:59 EDT

I`m thinking P215 is about the widest you should use
on a 15X7.You can use wider tires,but they balloon a
little bit if you go too wide,and the tire will twist
sideways slightly on the rim when you go around
curves.Maybe 70 series or lower wouldn`t do it.The
height figures in,too.I had 14X7`s?(maybe 14X6`s)on my
old Duster,and I can`t remember what size tires I had
on that thing,maybe P205/75R14.Anyway,they looked
kinda funny! The whole sidewall area on all four tires
was a light grey constantly,because the tires twisted
so much.You could lean against the car or push on
it,and watch the tires twist (or roll,however you
wanna look at it).If memory serves,it was not the most
handling car I ever had,especially with it lifted by
air shocks! :)
--- Blaine Basse <bigbad@acadiacom.net> wrote:
> I was wondering what was the largest/widest tires I
> can put on a set of 15x7
> rims on my '94 club cab. Also, I asked Richard to
> check the size on his rims
> when in Houston but he left before I got an answer.
> If you're here, Richard,
> give me a shout. I am currently running 235/70's on
> the new rims and they
> look good. The tires have spread out from the 15x6
> rims I had and have a
> muchbetter footprint.
> tia
>
> --

> Blaine V. Basse (Bigbad)--SE Louisiana
> '94 CC SLT 318 auto 2wd 3.55sg Gray/Gray
> Checkmate soft tonneaux, Ventvisors, AVS rear
> louvers, home-built aluminum
> grille and valance inserts w/driving lamps, 180*
> t-stat, home-brew intake,
> Flowmaster 40 series, Mopar SBEC, Mopar MSD6AL,
> Lakewood traction bars,
> Kenwood CD, Alpine eq., Polk 5x7's and 5-1/4s,
> 10"Pyle tube, Optimus tweets
> (they scream), and 3 amps(Sony XM3020/ XM4520/Harmon
> Khardon CA240).
> '96 Yamaha Virago 1100 Special
> '95 Neon (Joela's car)

=====
2001 Dodge Dakota 4X4 Sport RC,Flame Red/4.7L V8/45RFE auto/3.92 limited-slip/16" aluminum wheels/Infinity CD-cassette system.