Re: LED Replacement Bulbs

From: mrdancer (mrdancer2@home.your.underwear.com)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 10:27:16 EDT

""Punch"" <2punch.crash2000@home.com> wrote in message
news:016801c152c3$59254680$6401a8c0@hnsn1.on.wave.home.com...

> [...]

They also use a LOT less energy and last forever. They can also be
submerged, which makes them idea for boat trailers. Their greatest
application, IMHO, is on motorcycles.

Red LEDs are the most efficient (brightest at the lowest power); however,
they have little or no "throwing power" (which really isn't important for
brake/taillights).

Green LEDs have the most throwing power, so if you buy a LED flashlight,
look for ones with green LEDs.

A coupla websites:

www.ledlights.com
www.meci.com