Re: dakota complaints...

From: Gensch, Travis (Travis.Gensch@qtiworld.com)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 12:05:24 EDT

>Why didn't he find any of these leaks before buying the truck?
>Some of the other items would have been found by an independent mechanic's
>inspection before purchase.

There were no leakes when I purchased the vehicle. Both problems with the
tranny were only there after I owned the truck. Things can go wrong after
the purchase of the truck, believe it or not. Maybe it was checked out
before purchase, jumping to conclusions?? Truck was never really beat on.
A little stomping on it, nothing outside of normal.

I agree that things will wear out. However, at this rate I will be 6 or 7
years I will have paid as much in repairs as the truck is worth. That to me
is pretty poor.

>Why is he buying the Chevy, a 100% new design, right away, expecting he'll
have
>no trouble? Why not just buy a Dakota and keep it till the warranty runs
out?

Who said I was buying it as soon as it comes out? I want it out, so I can
wait to see how it does. I also stated in my first email that I will never
own another Dak outside of the warranty. I was looking into purchasing a
new one, with the 0% APR right now. It's just that I am not able to line up
the funds right now.

I really love the Dak and it's power, I just hate all the problems I have
had. Some have great success with the truck, others have not. I am one of
the have not's. If I was more of a mechanic that probably would not be a
problem, but I'm not so it is a problem. I also want my truck to be
reliable in that I hunt/fish and end up in some more remote areas and do not
want a mechanical breakdown. I will probably be able to get the truck fixed
by a friend, so hopefully that will end the problems.

All in all, I will probably own another Dak (but newer and under warranty).
It was just my frustrations getting to me and I sent off a hasty email to
you all. Sorry about that. I didn't want to start a big flame war of
people who have problems with people who do not. Some will leave or may
leave (myself included) the Dodge family because of problems and others who
have nothing but high regards for Dodge. To each his own, everyone is an
individual with different circumstances and needs. You are not going to
change someone's mind about something with a few hasty sentences in an
email. I wanted to jump on Andy's email and blast away. It's just not
worth it. From the postings Andy has left, I think he seems to be a great
guy (same applies to most of the rest you). All it takes is a little too
strong of words and a huge flame war can start, and unfortunately email can
make the message seem more harsh that what it was originally intended to be.
I think this country has far more important issues than whether or not a
particular truck has problems.

Peace.

Done lecturing,
Travis