Re: Re: 180 T-Stat/Constant Check Engine Light

From: Paul Macey (pmacey@ans.net)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 18:41:33 EDT

On Fri, 12 Oct 2001 bernd@texas.net wrote:

> Interesting problem. If the temp gauge isn't too hot, the T'Stat isn't
> sticking...and running it at 180 doesn't hurt anything. I'm wondering why it's
> tripping the code though...others haven't seen this (yet). ;)
>
> - Bernd

Well, who says you can't teach a old Dakota (ok, a young pup at 5 1/2
months old) new tricks...the first error codes had verbage of something
like: Engine too cold for too long...now she's seems more mellow and is
just complaining the engine coolant temperature is too cold...I just reset
the PCM again after installing my new 4 inch Z-tube to the 70mm TB.

I'll see if she is still fickle with the same complaint or has changed her
mind again, and will B&M about something new....geez, Dakotas, you can't
live with them and...well hell, you just can't live without them.