fooling the map sensor

From: Aaron Gasparich (acg302@ptd.net)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2001 - 21:54:38 EDT

 From what i understand, the computer sends a 5volt signal to the map
sensor, and the sensor feeds back anywhere from 1.2 volts to the full 5,
depending on the vacum of the engine. So for a cam that would normally run
on low vacum, a device would have to be made limiting the voltage read to
the computer, making it believe its running say 14in of vacum when its
really running 10 or 11. IT would work like a sandwich conector where its
pluged into the sensor, and then the wiring is pluged into the device. That
way the computer wouldnt feed the engine to much feul because it thinks its
at partial throttle. Due to the low vacum. Has anybody made such a device?
And would it work if nobody has? I've seen them made for high boost
aplications, and would think something similar work for low vacum
aplications. that way, we can all have fun cams. And still idle. I wish i
had more knowledge on how to manufactured electrical stuff. I have the
ideas, hust dont know how to make them work
-Aaron