Re: RE: fooling the map sensor

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Oct 13 2001 - 02:51:59 EDT

Hey Bernd, I thought the map charger has been put on hold? If not, I'll
prototype one for you with some track and dyno times :)
-Chuong

<<MAP Sensor signal is normally at 11-13" at idle via the MAP port on the
TB. This means that the manifold vacuum signal is normally around
16-18" at idle. If your cam causes the manifold vacuum signal to drop
down to 11-12", move the MAP signal line over to manifold vacuum...works
like a charm.

The MAP Charger, much more complicated than a simple circuit, works on
Supercharged applications only (Tim, it's coming back to you on next
Wednesday or Thursday) but yes...there's an easy way to fool it with two
POTS.

- Bernd