Re: Heater Core Removal - help!

From: ABeerCan@aol.com
Date: Sun Oct 14 2001 - 17:10:05 EDT

Believe it! It is a major PITA to change out that heater core. Sometimes I
think that the engineers in DC design stuff just so they can laugh at the
people who actually have to work on it. I have no idea what they will charge
to change the heater core. Good luck!

The other Will

<< According to my Haynes Manual, the AC system on my 93 Dakota V6 must be
 discharged to remove the heater core. Anybody know an easier way? Is it
 really necessary? If so, this job is probably left to a shop, not a
 shade-tree like myself. Does anyone know what dealer/competent shop charge
 for heater core replacement? Thanks,
  -- David Chester >>