Re: Heater Core Removal - help!

From: JAMEPC@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 15 2001 - 12:12:19 EDT

I did mine a few months ago. The lower dash has to be disassembled, not the
entire dash. The system must be discharged because the evaporator is in the
same box as the heater core and the box must be removed.. For $80.00, it is
highly advisable to replace the evaporator while doing the heater core. I
bought a retrofit kit and recharged the system myself. I understand it's
better to have it done professionally, but money was an issue for me. My air
is ice cold with no leaks. Make sure to replace the dryer. I also rerplaced
the H-block for $30.00. It's simple to retrofit.
It's not a hard to do, just time consuming.