RE: RE: color changing paint

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Tue Oct 16 2001 - 22:29:06 EDT

It is still expensive but getting cheaper as it becomes more readily
available and more paint shops learn how to deal with it. It is like a
clear and black base coats produce the best results. In actuality, the
paint stands up pretty good to wear and tear. Nothing you can do about
accidents, just hope it's the other person's fault so they can pay. The
paint is applied in layers, that's part of the major labor expense. That's
how the color change happens. For a small sports car it's 10K so 20K for a
Dak doesn't sound unreasonable. If the right color scheme is picked you can
end up with a NICE looking truck. Of course beauty is in the eye of the
beholder.....

Ron
00 PB SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD