RE: RE: Next generation Dak?

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@MCTSSA.USMC.MIL)
Date: Wed Oct 17 2001 - 09:37:11 EDT

According to Buzz, the next generation Dakota will have the resemblance of
the old Power Wagon with extended wheel flares and dual round headlamps
located on the fender.

The 5.7 Hemi double-plug motor will be mated with a new 5-speed Automatic.
You will see these tranny in the next 2003 Ram 1500 models. The four speed
are gone (about time)... The motor HP rating should be around a mild 320
(detuned that is) but knowing this list a nice supercharger will boost that
in the stratosphere.

When do we expect to see it? The 5.7 will appear in the 2003 Dodge Ram 1500
series. Something about a R/T version for the Ram. Since there will be
limited quantities, the Ram production will be the first to receive the
motor before the Durango or Dakota. Therefore, it looks like the next gen
model may not be on the show room floor until 2004.

However, the real kicker is the 6.1 (375HP +) hemi, is back in the ball game
and will be in a limited run next generation Jeep Cherokee model. Then, I
heard it would make it way into the 2006 Durango/Dakota.
Steven St.Laurent
IOW/IOS Engineer (NT Platform)
C4i Engineering Branch, PSD, MCTSSA
MARCORSYSCOM, US Marine Corps
Office (760) 725-2506 (DSN Prefix: 365)
"My work has already proven itself. It is
you that has not gotten it yet....unknown author"