Re: Dakota Issues.

From: Jason Banta (jason.banta@louisville.edu)
Date: Wed Oct 17 2001 - 12:13:58 EDT

My wifes Grand Am does this, I always thought maybe it had something to do with the ABS.

>>> AWyseGuy@aol.com 10/17/01 12:35AM >>>
In a message dated 10/16/2001 12:53:14 PM Central Daylight Time,
bruce@coldmourning.com writes:

> 2. TICK TICK TICK from lower end in the morning start up. IT goes away "for
> the most part" when it gets warm. Is it rod knock?? anyone ells notice this
> on cold starts?????

My Girlfriends new Lumina does that, took it into the dealer.. They said on
a car with this many miles.. ( almost 30K) it's just piston slap..
Aaron W in AL

94 RC WS 2.5L 5spd
95 RC Sport 2.5L 5 Spd
86 Shelby Charger Turbo