RE: loss of power 2k 4.7 QC help!

From: Art DiRamio (ADiRamio@opensolutions.com)
Date: Fri Oct 19 2001 - 13:26:14 EDT

I'm also in CT. "Winterized" gas is the crap they sell with MTBE in it. My
Intrepid used to lose about 1-2 mpg over the winter when they were adding
MTBE.

>From the EPA website: "MTBE is found in gasoline (and other petroleum fuels)
that is commonly stored in underground storage tanks (USTs). MTBE is
typically added to reformulated gasoline, oxygenated fuel, and premium
grades of unleaded gasoline."

HTH

-- Art