Re: Dynamat substitute

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Fri Oct 19 2001 - 23:14:18 EDT

<snip> I recall a previous post where some DML'ers used 'snow & ice
shielding' from
 Home Depot instead of Dynamat for soundproofing their Daks. I went to my
 local Home Depot, but didn't find it. I guess since I live in San Antonio,
 we don't have much need for 'snow & ice' shielding. I want check some
other
 locations, but can someone tell me more about this stuff, so I know what
I'm
 asking for.

 Does it come in rolls? does it have adhesive backing? In the roofing
application, is it installed under this roof shingles<snip>

Hey, Raspa4X4!
I've used the waterproof underlayment (brand name "Weather Watch")on a porch
roof where the pitch changed from 10/12 to 5/12, in order to tie the two
roofs together & keep water seepage from snow melt/ ice dams from
penetrating the roof during the NY winters. It goes 18 " under the shigles
in each direction. It is also used to weatherproof roof ridges & flashings.
It was about $50 per roll & each roll is 36" wide X 50' long. It's about
3/16" (maybe 1/4"?) thick. It does have adhesive backing on it. It was
located in the roofing materials section at Home Depot, near the 15 & 30
weight tar paper. Not sure how good it dampens sound. Your local Home Depot
can order it, tell them you want SKU #977115...Sure HTH...

Bob Smith (Daksy2K on AIM)
DML/DML
2K DAKSY CC Sport +
3.9l; V6: 4X4
(1 of 980 2K DAKSYs mfrd)
For the mods,details, etc., visit us at:

http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/

(ps, we're still working on it...
Susan on the page; me on the DAKSY! )