Cost to rebuild 42 RE

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Oct 20 2001 - 19:05:51 EDT

Hello, I'm having problems with my 97 dakota's auto tranny (the 42 RE)

Since the install of the supercharger, I can't get it to shift on it's own
in the morning (when it's still cold) It'll shift fine thru 1-2-3-OD, but
if you get to a light, stop completely, it'll still accelerate in 3rd gear
(sux)

Anyways. Anyone know the cost of rebuild kits (bullet proof kits?) or how
much do you think it'd cost for someone else to do it? I have an automatic
transmission class right now, so rebuilding it won't be too hard.... I've
tried calling around for rebuild kits (advanced, autozone, napa, etc) but no
one seems to have a listing for this transmission.

Soo. any thoughts, comments, price quotes, suggestions?
-Chuong