Silver Streak 1, Samarai 0 (x2) D-150, 0 Fun In Mud Today!!

From: Ed Halterman (OLZNUT@webtv.net)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 01:12:29 EDT

I went up to Azusa Cyn today to have some fun with some buds, and while
I was sitting around twiddling my thumbs waiting for my late buds (they
ended up being 1.5 hrs late) I was watching this guy in an older D-150
Power Wagon who was stuck in a pretty bad way, he went down a little
ridge and buried the front end into the mud so deep, the fan was
slinging water and hi centered it on the frame. A dude in a lifted
Ramcharger with 38" Ground Hawgs couldn't pull him out. I decided to
give it a try, I figured with my power, weight, and locker, I should do
it. Well, it took 3 yanks, but I did it!! The guy was stoked, he didn't
think my "little" truck could do it, some people came up to me and asked
if I had the V-8 'cause it sounded real good. Uhh, yeah :) "But it
desen't have the logo on the fender" Hehehehe!!!
   I then proceeded to pull out a dude in a Samarai twice, I barely had
to touch the go pedal to get him out, gotta love that torque!! :) I then
found a hill to climb, I made it the farthest up, there was no tracks
where I was, I came back down and some hick (really cool guy actually)
from N. Carolina in an old S-10 (ducking Jon's swings, lol!!) started
asking me about my truck and how he was suprised at what I've done with
my stock tires. I told him it was the Dodge Power :) When my crew
finally showed, that's when we went into the mud and did some D dancing,
donuts, power slides, broadies, 360's, 180's, I managed to keep mine
totally sideways for about 100', the rear locker makes it real easy to
slide around (I was in 2wd)!! Wheeee, it was fuuun!! :)

Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca
'01 Dak Quad Cab 4x4 SLT+ 4.7L V-8, Auto, Bright Silver Aka the "Silver
Streak"!!!
'66 Olds F-85, 5.4L V-8, HAS 410hp at the crank, Will be Intense Blue
next month!!

See the Silver Streak and Project Olds here!!
www.dodgetruckonline.com/ed.htm