"Dumb Ass vs Cops" /Qlogic kick panels

From: Jim Miller (jim76712@swbell.net)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 13:58:50 EDT

I guess I am in a minority here maybe because I am 54 but I love a drag race as
well as anyone and I like performance veichles. If I didn't I would not have
owned a Shelby Dak, a Syclone and now a R/T. I am likely to race anyone from
a stoplight to the posted speed (if it is clear traffic enough to do so safely)
but lets face it motorcycles especially crotch rockets are more than a match
for any street cars (my son has one and he says it will do 60 in less than 4
seconds and tops out around 180) and trucks are not good racers at high speeds
because of aerodynamics and handling even with the best suspension mods and
good tires. I figure if I can beat you 0 to 60 I don't have to prove anything
else and I am not going to try. If my wife is in the truck with me it scares
her to death anyway especially if my truck try to go sideways on a take off and
it sometimes does. I do not condone reckless driving or excessive speed on
public roads, that is what race tracks are for. Also bad manners are not in
order either that is unsportsmanlike. If you win you are happy, if you loose
you just don't have the fastest veichle, it does not call for flippin others
off etc. That calls for discipline and that is what the Ferd driver got! As a
matter of fact I know there is a limit to the speed in my factory computer but
I have never hit it yet and I have gone over 100 passing a semi but I drop back
quickly to a legal speed.
Oh by the way, I have a RC but I paid cash for it. Can't wait for the next big
performance jump in a Dodge car or truck. I just cant see ever going back to
GM or Ferd!
Jim in Waco
99 R/T RC FR
PS I got my Q-logic kick panels in and they look great and work well but as has
been said do cramp drivers left foot space a little.