Re: Drum "howling"

From: Ray Sulich (ray.sulich@snet.net)
Date: Mon Oct 22 2001 - 05:56:30 EDT

At 07:32 PM 10/21/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>When I stop at a medium speed with medium force, I'll can get a
>"howling" type sound from the rear drums. What could this be caused
>from? Contamination? I've already sprayed some brake cleaner in the
>drums and shoes and everything back there. Also, what's the best
>replacement drums & shoes to use? I want the best performnace possible
>(If it's even possible out of a drum!). Thanks

Remove the drum and clean everything out. While you're in there look for
glazed brake pads and unevenly worn drums. Mine also howl just before the
truck stops. By cleaning and inspecting you'll at least buy yourself piece
of mind that they will continue to stop the truck.
Bye,
Ray

reply to ray.sulich@snet.net
Parkinson's Law: Work expands so as to fill the time
                        available for its completion.