O2-Resistor theory works!

From: Ragnarok (yum@yermom.org)
Date: Tue Oct 23 2001 - 04:30:58 EDT

For those who didn't see the posts or don't remember, I heard about a
technique to bypass the cat: splice a resistor of the appropriate size
into the black wire coming from your downstream O2 sensor, and the
altered readings will make the computer think the cat is still there.
  Most feedback I got didn't seem to think it would work. Well, my good
buddy Jason tried it on his Neon, and it worked beautifully, so I gave
it a try for the hell of it. And what do you know, it works! The Dak
starts easier, runs smoother, especially cold, and idles smoother. Power
and MPG are unchanged, as they were when I first took out the cat. 1
weird thing: just taking out the cat, no check engine light. install the
resistor, truck runs better, check engine light comes on and stays on.
*shrug*

William
'97 standard cab shortbed 2.5L 5spd lowered fat tires AirRaid intake R/T
swaybay w/polyurethane blah blah blah