Re: 3" Lift with 35" Tires?

From: Kevin DeGarmo (blizzzzard69@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 16:46:57 EDT

Nadda chance. With a 3" body lift the most he'll be able to run are 33"
tires. And that will entail some tweaking/trimming/adjusting to ensure no
rubbing anywhere. He'll have to add a suspension lift to that body lift in
the future to clear 35's. But so far no susp lifts are available.

Wheel backspacing plays a big role in larger tires too. My 32x12.50
Mickey's on 15x8 wheels rub the bumper while turning hard in reverse. The
wheels have 3.75" backspacing. I'm gonna loosen the bumper brackets and see
if there's any upward adjustment to try and get away from the rubbing.

Anyway, to make the long story short and answer your question ... no.

See ya,

Kevin DeGarmo
Jackson, MI