Front end chirping

From: rob (99dak@home.com)
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 21:17:09 EDT

Hey all, I'm looking for opinions on what's making this annoying chirp on my
dak...heres all the info..

After getting the ball joints replaced (months ago) I noticed the break
pedal would pulse and there was a chirping noise coming from the left front
wheel. The chirps would get quicker as I accelerated and would only stop
when I applied the brakes. I took it in to the dealer and they tried
machining the rotors, didnt help, so they ended up replacing them and
everything was good, no pulse, no noises. This was done under warranty
cause I suggested that maybe all the 'play' in the front end from the bad
ball joints had affected the rotor in some way, causing it to warp.

So now, less then a year later, the damn chirp is back! I cant feel any
pulsing in the pedal, but the chirp is the same. Goes away when ever I
apply the brakes or turn right, gets worse if I turn left. Once in a while
I can drive straight and it wont chirp, but even then all I have to do is a
little swerve and the chirping returns. I took the truck in about a week
ago, they had a look, said there was lots of bake dust but everythings good,
all they did was clean everything Drove home, no chirping for first few
miles, then it returned. I am taking the truck back in this Saturday for
them to have a look again. Anybody have any guesses what it could be?
Other then just the rotor is warped again? Hub warped maybe???

Thanks,
Rob.
99dak@home.com