Re: Re: Re: Pistons and compression ratio

From: Doug Myers (dougmyers@starpower.net)
Date: Sat Oct 27 2001 - 00:47:23 EDT

You should be ok with the 9.5:1 and that cam, but I wouldn't go any higher
than that unless you have aluminum heads. I just wanted to make sure you
weren't using a stock cam.

Doug Myers
-------------
'99 Dakota RC/SB 5.9L/5-speed/3.92SG
K&N Gen II FIPK, Comp Cams '604 cam, Progear timing chain, MP 2-bbl MPI, MP
R/T heads, Hughes' roller rockers, MP polished aluminum valve covers, ASP
crank pulley, MP Headers, 3" Dynomax cat, 3" Flowmaster, Accel Supercoil,
Magnecor KV-85 8.5mm Race Wires, Melling HV oil pump, Centerforce Dual
Friction Clutch

""Geoff"" <geoff_fahl_1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> It will be a Comp Cam 210/215 duration at .050 and about .450 lift. I
> don't have the exact numbers on hand but I can get 'em tomorrow. This
> engine is still being built so nothing is for sure yet.
>
> Geoff
> ""Doug Myers"" <dougmyers@starpower.net> wrote in message
> > What cam are you running?
> >
> > Doug Myers
> > -------------
> > '99 Dakota RC/SB 5.9L/5-speed/3.92SG
> > K&N Gen II FIPK, Comp Cams '604 cam, Progear timing chain, MP 2-bbl MPI,
> MP
> > R/T heads, Hughes' roller rockers, MP polished aluminum valve covers,
ASP
> > crank pulley, MP Headers, 3" Dynomax cat, 3" Flowmaster, Accel
Supercoil,
> > Magnecor KV-85 8.5mm Race Wires, Melling HV oil pump, Centerforce Dual
> > Friction Clutch
> >
> > ""Geoff"" <geoff_fahl_1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > > Hey
> > > I'm building my 318 and the shop is almost done but they found out
> > that
> > > my new Keith Black pistons will change my compression ratio. The stock
> > ratio
> > > is 9.0:1 and with these pistons it will be 9.5:1. Will this affect
the
> > > streetability of my truck? I'm planning on running a mopar
performance
> > > computer so I'll have to run high octane anyways, but I'm not sure if
> the
> > > computer can compensate for that difference in compression. Will I
get
> > > pinging / detonation if I change that? I'm also looking for a wiring
> > > harness, and computer (preferably mopar performance) for the 95
Dakota