high oil pressure

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Sat Oct 27 2001 - 21:56:40 EDT

Hey all

 I've posted before about my 95 5.2 that has been reading really high oil
pressure lately but I just noticed something new. It seems that when I turn
the truck off teh oilpressure gauge goes to the "high" end off the gauge
whereas it used to go to "low" (which is where it should when there is no oil
pressure. This leads me to believe that there is a problem with the gauge
that causes it to have a constant force towards "High". This explains why I
have been showing high oil pressure.

I was wondering if anyone else with this problem had put in an aftermarket
gauge, and what was the result. My theory is that an aftermarket gauge would
read normal pressure.

Thanks

John S

95 cc 318 auto, transgo shift kit, HE stage II TB and intake, HE 1418 cam,
1.6 Roller rockers, MSD digi6+, MSD HVC coil & 8.5 wires, Hp cap + rotor, MP
PCM, DT headers, Gibson exhaust (3" from headers back, no cat), 180 stat,
autolite 3923's, progear DR timing chain, auburn LSD, 4.10 gears, superior
axles, K&N X-stream filter system, MP valve covers, 24# FMS injectors, IAT
adjuster