Re: axle ratio

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Oct 28 2001 - 19:16:08 EST

I've got a 2000 Reg. cab 2wd w/ the 4.7L/NV3500/9.25" 3.92sg drivetrain
under it. I almost always start out in second gear,sometimes 3rd. 1st gear
is only used when starting up steep hills or pulling loaded trailers out of
fields and stuff. 1st gear makes for an excellent crawl gear to let the
truck drive itself in the field. As for the highway rpms, I don't really
ever drive fast enough for the rpm's to get too high. But, if you had to
drive 70 mph or more, it would probably bother you. It really depends on how
many rpms you think is too many. If I ordered again, the new truck would
have the 3.92's -oh, and be sure to check the box for the sure grip unit.
Pretty good for a factory LSD and comes in real handy.HTH,

Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/NV-3500HD5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
http://www.geocities.com/willcoughlin/index.html