Re: Front End Creak (Victor)

From: bob (bnich@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 15:52:18 EST

victor.williams@byers.com wrote:

> My '95 DAK had the creaks also.
> It looks like the passenger side a-frame bushings got more heat from the
> exhaust manifold than the drivers side and
> that side rubber hardened up. A few sprays of liquid wrench stopped the
> sqeaks but after a while the bushings had started to crack
> and needed to be replaced.
> I got the one side replaced when I got new tie rod ends and all is well.
>
> Victor Williams
> '95 DAK CC Sport, 5.2L, 5sp, Jacobs ign, Jardine catback. 204k miles
>
> >Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 19:01:13 -0500
> >From: bob <bnich@bellatlantic.net>.
> >Subject: DML: Front End Creak
> >
> >Anyone have a craking noise coming from their lower a arm connection to
> >the frame.....I have one and it's driving me crazy.
> >I really don't feel like droping my a-arms......has anyone drilled,
> >tapped and installed grease fittings in this area? Any other ideas?
> >Thanks
> >Bob

Yep.....mines definitly on the drivers side....I sprayed the shit out of it
with WD40
but still no luck. Thanks for the reply
Bob

Lowered 1998 Metallic Red Extended Cab
2/4" Drop, Gibson Cat Back, Street Scene Roll Pan, Shaved Tailgate, Lund
Wiper Cowl, S/S Sport Mirrors, Lo-Pro Hard Tonnue over a Custom Bed, 13"
Video System, K&N, F&B, TB, Stillen Bumper Cover, Nitto 275's all around on
Chrome R/T Wheels, Sony CDX-7850, Three sets of Infinity Kappa's, Three MTX
275x's, MTX Thunderform with 10" 7000's and a MTX 2130.

New Pictures "by Chuck" at http://www.intense99dak.com/bob.htm