re: Water Pump

From: victor.williams@byers.com
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 09:38:49 EST

Not sure if '91 has a serpentine belt or v-belt but on my '95 318 the
serpentine pully is so big that it hides the weep hole on the bottom side
of the water pump. Not sure if it is standard but I got a 7 rib belt that
is really wide which hides things.
With a small mirror you can see the hole.
When mine started leaking, it was only obvious with the engine off and it
did seem intermittent.
And when was leaking it dumped.
So I changed it..
If I had it to do again I would probably look into a pump with more flow
since I tow a lot.

Victor