Re: Water Pump

From: Danny LaDue (dladue@ussynthetic.com)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 15:23:17 EST

I experienced the same symptoms with my wife's 93 Jeep Grand Cherokee with
the 318. It leaked intermittently, I could never see a pattern. The weep
hole was impossible to see. When I took it off, it was clear that the weep
hole had been weeping. Apparently the shaft seal is prone to intermittent
leaks.

Be careful when removing the heater hose fitting from the water pump. If
it's not round when you re-insert it, it will leak. (the voice of
experience) I had to buy a new fitting from (ugh) the dealer.

-Danny