RE: RE: vacum

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 16:37:18 EST

Rich,

What does the "MAP Adjuster" look like?

- Bernd

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@buffnet.net] On Behalf Of Wisotzkey, Rich
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2001 3:26 PM
To: 'dakota-truck@buffnet.net'
Subject: DML: RE: vacum

Aaron,
I'm running this cam in my 318, but it won't run without help. Let me
qualify that by saying it won't run on the street without help. You'll
find the vacuum will only be around 11", and drops even lower on the
street especially if you're driving a stick.

Everytime you push in the clutch, it will flood itself. If you plan
on
doing any regular driving with it, prepare for a jerky ride at anything
under 2000rpm. It is not a "street friendly" cam. You will get a lot
of axle wrap too.

Oh, I did ask Hughes about this being too much cam for a 318 (before I
bought it) and they said no. Later when I called them back and ask
about the problems I was experiencing in trying to get it to run, their
response was to call Ron Zimmer for a new computer program. Suprise! I
did call Ron Zimmer and he COULDN'T reprogram the computer. Only
certain ones are reprogrammable. Suprise Again!!

If you go ahead with the 1828 cam and discover the same ills I had to
overcome, drop me a line. I designed a "MAP Adjuster" several months
ago. I'm now in the process of applying for a patent. I'm also sourcing
stock connectors so you don't have to cut up your wiring harness like I
did. All you'll need to do is plug it inline between your harness and
MAP sensor. It will be real sweet.

If you have any other questions regarding this cam, please don't be
afraid to ask. Rich -
Ashburn, VA