Re: Sterring moannnnnnn

From: Magnum S/T (kevinhoegen@email.com)
Date: Thu Nov 01 2001 - 02:29:34 EST

I realize this may have already been checked, but is the fluid level low. I
know that in cases where my level has been low, the steering will "moan"
when any effort so applied to the steering.

Secondly, recently on my 99 I heard this moan so I checked the level.
Although the level was fine there was condensation on the inside indicating
that water somehow got into the reservoir (probably from my spraying the
engine). I had to drain my system, flush it then refill with new fluid...the
noise was gone after that.

hope this helps