Centerforce Clutch Headache

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-ns.com)
Date: Thu Nov 01 2001 - 13:32:50 EST

Well, just to let everyone know, you can no longer order a separate clutch
disc from Centerforce. You must order them in a matched set with the
pressure plate. But get this! They will still sell you a pressure plate
separate from the clutch disc. Doh!!!

I found this out only after ordering my disc and pressure plate from two
different sources. So I had to reorder another complete clutch. Now I have
a clutch and a half on order. (The half gets returned after it arrives.)
What a pain in the butt! This is going to cost me another week. Maybe
Dodge will be just as slow getting in the new transmission.

In case you ask the obvious question of why didn't I order the clutch disc
and pressure plate from the same source??? I tried this, but each of the
two vendors only showed stock availability at the time of one piece. This
was fine until Centerforce decided to change their ordering policy. Who'da
figured something so simple could turn into something so screwed up!
Catch You All Later,
Rich - Ashburn, VA