Powerslots & pads IN!

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Sat Nov 03 2001 - 16:38:59 EST

Hey, DML!
YeeHah! Got the Powerslot rotors & the Raybestos semi-metallic pads in
today! WOW! What a (stopping) difference! No more "washboard effect"
braking. These babies really grab tight. I shoulda done this months ago.
Just for grins, before I pulled the (2nd set of) OEM rotors (with about 20K
on em), I threw a 1" travel indicator on em & they only had a TIR of about
.003". I am astounded as to what .003" felt like. I was expecting maybe
.015 - .020" TIR. I miked the rotors & they were within .001" of the
Powerslot thickness, but they were fairly striated.
The OEM pads were barely worn, but they're HISTORY any way.
I snapped a buncha pix during the procedure & I'll post em on the DAKSY page
when I update it.
To anyone who tackles this - the damn caliper slide pins require a 7MM hex
for removal. I went to 3 hardware stores before I found a 7MM & I hadda buy
a whole set of 3/8" drive metric hex sockets for $22 at NAPA in order to get
what I needed.
You hafta remove the outboard caliper retainer spring first in order to
collapse the piston, which the Bible (FSM) doesn't say. Other than that, the
Bible says to remove the retainers on the studs in order to pull the rotors.
I guess that must mean the individual molecules of rust around the OD of
each stud. A couple of spritzes of WD-40 & a brass-head hammer & they came
right off.
All in all, the entire procedure took less than 1/2 hour, not including
travel time.

Ok I'll STOP now! (heehee)

Bob Smith (Daksy2K on AIM)
DML/DML
2K DAKSY CC Sport +
3.9l; V6: 4X4
(1 of 980 2K DAKSYs mfrd)
For the mods,details, etc., visit us at:

http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/

(ps, we're still working on it...
Susan on the page; me on the DAKSY! )