Re: gas mileage/ 1998 Dakota 5.2 L

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 22:10:49 EST

I think John has (and I HAD, until Daktoberfest) the Flex-A-Lite Black
Magic 150. I wasn't fortunate enough to see the mileage increase John saw.
 YMMV.

I had one big problem with - it was barely able to keep up with my '99 318
in the summer heat here in NY. Even with the 180 stat and a half bottle of
DEI Radiator Relief, my temperature got higher than I liked (210) many
times last summer. On the highway, it stayed cool. Once I slowed down, it
got very warm and it was hard to get the temp back down unless I went back
to 70 MPH. And since the LAST half of my drive home from work is stop &
go...

The install is fairly easy once the clutch fan is off. Make sure you save
everything in case you want to go back.

Some people have had great success with the BM 150, but I don't see myself
returning to it. If I were to go electric again, I'd set up a pair of fans
somehow to move a LOT of air. I'd also install a cutoff switch for when I
hit water.

--
-andy
andylevy@yahoo.com