Re: Rear end howl

From: Tomdamit@aol.com
Date: Tue Nov 06 2001 - 18:23:53 EST

It's there in most of 'em. This was a popular topic in '98 when I first got
my CC V8. I haven't crawled under an '01 or '02 but my '98 has a long, large
diameter driveshaft that appears to be aluminum and will ring like a bell
when struck with something. That resonance seems to magnify any sound coming
out of the axle assy. Mine had me concerned and the factory agreed to
replace the entire axle assy. but made no defference. I don't notice it
anymore, quite frankly. Heck, if you want noise, try riding around in the
box for a little while!!!

Tom W.
'98 CC V8 A/T Flame Red
Hotchkissed and Bilsteined