Re: Fw: Deer Vs. Dak

From: Jim Miller (jim76712@swbell.net)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 19:24:02 EST

My mother hit a stopped pickup from the rear at about 30 mph and her
airbag did not fire either. I complained to Ferd about this ahd they
said airbags only deploy when you hit an object that wont move like a
concrete wall, bridge, head on with another car etc. the pickup she hit
rolled forward form the impact to the airbag did not work. Hitting a
deer, the impact was mostly absorbed by energy absorbing parts on your
truck and the deer obviously was knocked away also so your airbag was
not supposed to fire. Not enough impact. Sorry about your truck
though. i did that many years ago in a 62 Galaxie 500 and had to
replace hood, grill bumper condenser, radiator fan blades and water
pump. Looks like the Dak is more durable than the old boat I was
driving.